View Single Post
Old
10-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I disagree with this line of thinking. The reason you trade Subban is because you'd rather have other players in your dressing room or you want to take the team in a different direction. We'll get fair value for him and we'll have to deal with the fact we won't be that good of a team without him in the short term.

My feeling is if we trade him it will be to Toronto for Rielly + Kulemin for Subban + Bourque or someone else. Burke loves truculence and he isn't afraid to wheel and deal.
If you trade Subban it most likely means you are committed to suck for another year or so; I'm not a believer in long term tanking but trading Subban means at least one more year of hardcore suck before you put yourself back together. Subban is far from untouchable but he's the only complete defender this team has that isn't either on the decline or worse (Markov) or is still an unknown quality who probably isn't anything special (Emelin, maybe Diaz). Beaulieu still could be as good as Subban someday but it's impossible to project a trajectory similar to PK's.

Now a Reilly+ trade could be temping with the right pieces but that's not happening since I don't think even Burke is blind enough to not see Reilly's potential.