View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 12:02 AM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
I didn't say OEL was top 10 now. But he will be.

Kane is the 4th best forward on his team.

He is all offense, no defense. And he only had 66 points last year. Based on last year, average 1st liner is generous. Now I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he isn't as bad as he showed last year. Average 1st liner.
Haha. Kane isn't better than Sharp? Give me a break.

Your logic is awful. Because Kane isn't as good as Toews or Hossa (the latter is quite arguable) - two top-15 forwards in this league - he's an average first liner?

Let's not put down Kane because the Hawks have one of the best top-4 forward sets in the NHL. That would be pretty stupid.

Yes, he had 66 points in a year where he played 50 games at a completely different position, every game with a lingering wrist injury in his dominant hand, a ton of his time with the master slug of all slugs Brunette, and in general constantly changing linemates...
Seems fair to judge him on one rough season. Not like he put up 70+ points every year prior, including an 88 point season and playoff performance on par with his teammate who won the Conn Smythe.

Nah, he's not even as valuable as the king of potential, Oliver Ekman-Larsson. Just an average first liner, nothing special.