Thread: Proposal: P. Kane for OEL
View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 01:11 AM
WhiteLight

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Yep, Eberle has one good season so he must be better than Kane. Sort of funny you bring up the "one good season" route at the end of your own post I do like it when people contradict themselves.
Eberle led his team in scoring both his years in the NHL. More than can be said about Kane. Eberle is trending only upwards, the 'one good season' won't be for long.

Quote:
Ryan and Koivu have scored 70 points once in their careers.
Ryan has 4 consecutive 30 goal seasons, and has played on much worse teams. Koivu is not better offensively, but certainly much much better defensively and a better all around forward. At any rate, these were meant as comparables more so than clear cut better, as was Backes.

Quote:
You can't seriously think your Backes argument is a good one. St. Louis had trouble scoring goals as a team. They lack star talent, and get the job done with depth instead. Yeah, they are a better team than Chicago. They are, however, not (even close to) a better offensive team than the Blackhawks. Backes has eclipsed 60 points once in his career, and his best season statistically has him with less points than Kane in his worst. Lol. Stop.
LOL. Bolded is exactly the point. It's not just about offense. Did I say Backes was better offensively? NO. Winning 2-1 >> losing 6-5.

30 goal 60 point player is no slouch offensively either.

Quote:
Yeah, call me when Staal actually puts up 60-70 points. His career high is 50
Yeah yeah, he was playing behind Crosby and Malkin. Not like he averaged more than 20 minutes of TOI per game for the last several years or anything.
Staal produced well over a 60 point pace

Quote:
Some really weak stuff you're offering up here.
And what exactly are you offering up? A couple of 70 point seasons and horrible all around play?

Still waiting for your flawless logic of why Kane is better than Joe Thornton.

Quote:
This is so entertaining
Kane dealt with an injury all year. I cited this, and you responded "Every player deals with injuries."

But you're allowed to use it as an excuse for Kesler. Ah, that's fair.
I used it because you did

Quote:
One good season? I'd say he's had one superstar season (I never called him that, so not sure where you're getting the word from). Then 3 other well above-average seasons - 70 point players do not grow on trees, and Kane has been one for 4 out of the 5 seasons of his career.

Sounds like consistent production to me.
Consistently not anywhere near the best in the league. You can't just rank him top 10 or 12 or whatever you did if he never gets near that in scoring. And it's not just about scoring. Hockey is played two ways. If you give up many goals, you won't win. ie St. Louis Blues vs Chicago

Quote:
All of your arguments are riddled with contradictions, Mandy. I think I'm done wasting my time here... either I'm falling for some poorly-conceived bait or you just don't know how to argue your points very well/don't have much of a point at all. Either way.

In the end, Kane has greater value than OEL and I will leave it at that. The rest of this has just been a big, rather pointless sidetrack.
Contradictions? The only one is Eberle, and Eberle is trending upwards, lead his team in scoring all his years in the NHL. Has Kane even improved at all since entering the league? He is what he is, a 70 point one dimensional winger.