View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 04:07 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Maybe today's horrible numbers for baseball (NHL will never get) but at the rate they are decreasing someday MLB and NHL numbers (if they can increase some) may meet. I can see it when the older generations pass away and today's generation take control (of the media, money and coverage related decisions etc.). Never say never.
I don't know if you follow wrestling but I remember at one point the WWE reached the 8s around 2000, it was unreal. Then a company called TNA came around 2002. WWE ratings went from 8 to 6 to 5 to averaging around 4 in the last few years. And now they are below 3s. While this little company at the most got to 1.5, then averaging 1.3 but in the last few years it's been 1.1 on average. The thing is TNA basically don't move, they stay at the same 1.1 number but the WWE boy they are in a scary free-fall and recently they got a 2.4(!!!). To think not too long ago WWE was at 4 and TNA was at 1.1, and it was too unreal for TNA catch up to them. But they may meet in the middle sooner than later.

Same thing may happen in Hockey and Baseball but I think it's more like the NHL could at least hope to reach the NBA.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote