View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 07:21 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
MacKinnon's invite (and making the team in general) is all but a guarantee, but with this play, Drouin is sure to get an invite... I wish HC would open up more to 17yo's as I think having these two on a line would make Canada's second line deadly.
I agree with bias as a season tix holder for the Moose but I can`t stand the "experience" arguement when it comes to the WJHC`s. I get it when the kid is 16, when 17, he should be all but good to go and there is absolutely no way Drouin, based on talent, should be left off a TC, truth is, it always comes down to the approach and system of whomever is behind the bench.

I`ll be honest, if I were coaching (and I`m about to present a reason why I could never be coach), I`d pick one checking line (4th line) and 3 lines of offensive kids and let em go, have fun, do what you do best. I get when an offensive player is asked to take on a different role, and the problem is the pressure the media/fans place on anything Team Canada that it`s a win or it`s failure situation. One year, I`d just love a coach to come in, say up front, were going to play fun, firewagon hockey, try and fill the opponents net and let the chips fall where they may