View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Agreed, Kane IMO is a bit similar to Pacioretty in size, skating and shooting abilities, but I think Kane still can get better, like a 70-90pts PF, while Pacio could become a 60-70pts sniper who can play physical from time to time.

If Winnipeg asked us for our 2013 1st and, I don't know, one of our 2nd for the rights to Kane, even though I think 2013 draft will be the best in years, I don't think I would pass on that, damn Kane is only 21 !
Evander Kane would cost a LOT more than a 1st and 2nd from the 2013 draft. We wouldn't take that offer for Pacioretty, why would Winnipeg do it for Kane? To get Kane we would have to offer painful pieces to lose (think of a deal involving players like Subban, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, etc...). At best we would be making a lateral move, at worst...

It would be far better for us to wait until Getzlaff and Perry are free agents and try to get one of them for our retool.

Of course, if the Winnipeg GM DID lose his mind and ask for our 1st and 2nd in 2013 for Kane, I would throw in Kristo and Thrower just to make sure he didn't wake up before the ink dried...lol.