View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
I gathered from his opening presser and Q and A that JD was going in asking a lot of questions and listening, mostly, to see what direction hockey operations was heading. Certainly he, and we all know, that last year was a miserable season. He gets that, but from what I understand he is listening mostly. This is a great way to begin, because then he can really gauge what is going on in the building, so that he can truly assess what he wrong and then go about fixing things. So, instead of going in with guns blazing, he is listening and measuring what is actually taking place. Once he has done that, then he will hold people accountable. This can and will take place rather quickly. I have done it myself, and have seen it done elsewhere. If the person is really smart, and JD is, then a quick assessment will be made and plans will formulate in going forward. But I do agree, accountability is now the norm and people will be given every opportunity to show their worth, and if not, will be replaced rather quickly.
I have no doubt that this is true. But generally when the boss says "make sure that we are all on the same page" that means one thing to me.

Also when I hear JD say that he expects to see Richards having his players never being out-worked in a game, that doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room for him or the players.

I realize that we have heard the whole "work hard" mantra for 12 years. The difference this time is that I think we now have a President that will not tolerate anything else. It isn't lip service anymore.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote