View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 07:51 AM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
A loss is a loss. The BCS is stupid. A four team playoff is a step in the right direction, but I personally won't be satisfied until each conference gets representation. It's just not fair.

Who do you think gets in the title game, an undefeated Rutgers or a 1 loss SEC team? Hell, a 2 loss SEC team is apparently good enough. It pretty much means that there's a select group of teams that are allowed to play in the championship game, no matter how the season pans out. THink about that. The National Championship possible representatives are determined in the preseason before any snaps take place.

I think there's 11 conferences. Each conference should get a team in, plus 5 wild cards. 10 game season, no conference championships. Seed them 1-16 however you want. 4 week playoff, 31 total playoff games, throw a sponsor on each game and you make a ton. Games will be done by mid January at the latest.
You'll never get a playoff 'that' big AND have all the bowls as presently constituted. And you're never going to get any playoff system that doesn't have the bowls. There's a ****load more money to be made from forty different bowls than there is for fifteen playoff games, some of which are going to be every bit the meh matchups the bowls are now. I think tweaking the system is the best you can hope for. There's no reason a conference loser has to be eligible for the BCS Championship...only teams that win their conference (plus Notre Dame) should be eligible for the playoff, BCS poll be damned.

One of the many problems with college football is not all conferences are created equal. As Rutgers proved yesterday. If they're the 'best' team the Big East has to offer, the Big East is as bad as the NFC West was the year Seattle won a division at 7-9.

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote