View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 02:21 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Two days ago Wang threw out the old line about there being no restrictions on free agent acquisitions leading up to this as if the only reason no one signed here was the arena uncertainty... It is like he forgot his interview where he confessed to "certain economic realities" or something similar. Regardless, the excuse is now gone.

It is put up or shut up time as soon as this year for Chuck. Some of you may be tempted to give him a reprieve until 2015 as his revenue streams will theoretically increase at that time. Don't do it, and for one reason above the rest. The young guys on this club need a better veteran support cast to develop into better veterans by 2015 (and on).

The new lease was a critical move to secure the future and I am not trying to downplay it, but the future also involves developing Tavares, Bailey, Hamonic, Martin, Strome, Okposo, etc. Wang needs to follow through and complete part B of his commitment now that the brakes on his future revenue have been removed.

Wang's already taking $200 deposits for season tixs for Barclays. He needs to fill those luxury boxes and premium seats.

I think we are gonna see Wang open his checkbook, like we did when he first bought the isles. His spending bought about a 41 pt turnaround in the standings, along with a playoff spot.

The isles have a more talented group of youngsters now, then they had when Wang greenlighted the moves for Osgood, Peca and Yashin. He has Tavares and Hamonic to build around. But, I expect Snow will bring 1-2 quality, young vets who will still be on the roster in 2015-2016.
Alex Edler ? Clowe? Perry and Getzlaf are both ufas next summer, although some Duck fans sound confident that the low key Perry will sign an extension.Travis Zajac?

Or maybe Snow looks to the trade market, with teams looking to get under the cap.

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?...1&fa_type_id=2