View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 02:26 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
So, having never played an AC, could I pick up ACIII and just be fine with it? Or would I be missing out on a bunch of stuff? I really enjoyed playing Skyrim after never playing before, would it be similar to that type of gameplay? And for someone who doesn't play online anymore (I would just get a xbox copy), is there enough there to keep me busy in single player for a while?

Thanks for the help.
I know you more or less got your answer, but I wanted to offer my take:

While you certainly could pick up from AC3 and more or less catch on (although the modern day story could be an issue) I don't know why you would want to. Picking up at AC2 or Brotherhood would be significantly cheaper and it's not like AC3 adds that dramatically much (compared to Brotherhood/Revelations at least) from the point of view of someone who hasn't played any of them yet. You could probably get AC2+Brotherhood+Revelations for the same price as just 3, and if you're not playing online (did they make that any better in Revelations? Great concept, poor execution in Brotherhood) I don't see the benefit in playing the newest one right now.