View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 01:51 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I have my doubts that they will ever gain any real respect. I think the best chance you have is to make it up to Devils territory -- where even if you win, no one cares. And I don't think that you guys will ever have the team that the Devils had back in the 90s/00s (too hard to keep a roster like that together, now).

Respect is definitely the key thing. And they certainly do not have mine and most other hardcore fan's respect. It's going to be interesting to see how they try to change that.
The difference between the Devils and the Isles is that the Devils came much later. Most of North Jersey is Ranger territory and a lot of South Jersey is Flyer territory. The Devils have so few fans because of the Rangers and Flyers.

I think the Isles have a much larger fanbase than the Devils, they're just terrible fans who have stopped going to games and supporting their team. If the Isles regained relevance, you'd see those fans crawl out of their dark holes and act like they never stopped supporting the team.

Isles have potential to regain their fanbase (it would be a bandwagon fanbase, but who's gonna complain?), whereas the Devils just don't have a fanbase.