View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 01:52 PM
That

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'd like to know "That" view on it. Is Gally playing the wing 'cause the other guy isn't as versatile? Or is Gally just not showing enough at the center position? I'm not concerned yet, as I think he is a perfect centerman. But don't remember "perfect centermen" being moved to the wings regularly even if it's just in Juniors.....Am I not seeing what I should see?

By the way....did I dream this or wasn't Sarault supposed to be invited by the Dogs at their camp? What happened?
I'm not exactly sure why Galchenyuk playing wing. Galchenyuk rotated the first couple games at wing and centre, before finally settling at centre. He was then split up from Goldobin and got moved to RW. Over that period of time at centre he was pretty bad at faceoffs, so that's really the only problem I can see. Lately he's been pretty damn good in dot, but it's a small sample size.

Sarault cannot play wing. They tried it earlier this year and he was down right terrible, had no idea where to be on the ice. Boucher is clearly a much better LW then he his RW, so Galchenyuk is the one who gets stuck with RW.

It seems to me that Beaulieu wants his first line just to overpower teams offensively, but the problem is the line up becomes very unbalanced. Ideally I want to the see the top 2 lines like this: Boucher - Sarault - Hottot, Goldobin - Galchenyuk - Moore.

The good part of all this is that he's looked pretty damn good at all three forward positions, so it's a good experience for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
It was to the main Habs training camp. Sting d-man Basso got an invite as well.
I knew about Sarault, but not Basso. Solid invite, Basso had a breakout year last year and really shored up his defensive game.