View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Mr Kanadensisk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerbullet View Post
Sorry, mate. We are talking about different things. You about NHLers. I'm about elite NHLers (This is about Top 70 Players of All Time after all). I'm not arguing that Canada produces by far the most NHLers. It's a fact. I'm just saying that it does not mean that Canada produces highest percentage of elite NHLers out of those same NHLers. You take a sample from the entire hockey population, I take a sample from the NHLers only. Big difference.
We are talking about the same thing. The only difference is that you have not backed up your claim with any sort of evidence. The term "elite NHLer" is completely subjective and based on your last few posts I am also going to guess that you are probably biased. Unless you have some facts to back up your argument I don't know what else there is to say.

Once again my numbers do show that Russians are slightly underrepresented in the current NHL. As you said these are mostly the Russians who would fill 3rd or 4th line roles in the NHL. Also remember that 18% of the players who skated in the NHL last year appeared in 10 or less games. I would more call these AHL calibre players who had very short call ups in the NHL. A good number of the Russians who chose the KHL over the "NHL" would also fall into this 18% group had they chose to play in North America.

Last edited by Mr Kanadensisk: 10-28-2012 at 02:36 PM.