View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 03:34 PM
OHLTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
- Branch can take out cheap shots with suspensions. Remember your pal Kassian?

- Football has ZERO fights. When was the last time you saw a full blown fight in a football game? I have had Lions season tickets for the last 14 years and have never seen one.

- UFC? Yeah, not a fan. But even they don't sell tickets for fights between minors, do they?

- I went to a WJC warmup game between Finland and Khazakstan, and was a great hockey game. It was well attended despite the fact that Granlund was a young guy then and there weren't really any stars.
I've seen plenty of fights in junior football. Windsor has a team that I watched dozens of times several years ago. There were many fights in that league, mostly involving several players after a quarter was done. You also see many players push/shove/punch after plays if something cheap was done. The officials just separate them before anything could get going. Please don't tell me football has a ton of hitting, but zero fights. It's a poor example.

As for the WJC, using Finland and Kazahkstan is a questionable comparison. Neither nation is known for their physical play, generally. What about Canada/Russia or Russia/USA? You're very likely to see stuff that could break into a brawl if it wasn't for the potential to be thrown out of the game or tournament.

OHLTG is offline   Reply With Quote