View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 02:48 PM
lazerbullet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kanadensisk View Post
We are talking about the same thing. The only difference is that you have not backed up your claim with any sort of evidence. The term "elite NHLer" is completely subjective and based on your last few posts I am also going to guess that you are probably biased. Unless you have some facts to back up your argument don't know what else there is to say.
What evidence do you need?

The fact that 4 out top 20 players are Russians (without even blinking an eye). That's 20%. There are 2.7% Russians among all NHLesrs as you kindly demonstrated before. With a bit bias I can make a case to squeeze those 4 into top 15 or even top 10.

Swedes. Top 20 talent: both Sedins, Karlsson, Lundqvist. That's also 4 (20%) and I'm kindly leaving Zetterberg and Backstrom out. There are 6.6% of Swedes based on your number.

Slovaks. Top 20 talent: Chara and Hossa. (substitute with Gaborik or Halak if you wish). That's 2 (10%).

That's already 50% that are not from Canada. You can add USA yourself.

Of course those numbers change over time. Russians are very strong right now, while Czechs and Finns have pretty much no players at such level. All I'm saying that you can't say Canada produces 55% of NHL talent = 55% of elite NHL talent. In current discussion (Top 70 Players of All Time) term elite NHL talent should be defined by very strict criteria. Something like players who are in discussion at being one of the best at their respective position.

lazerbullet is offline   Reply With Quote