View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 03:13 PM
War Admiral

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
The difference between the Devils and the Isles is that the Devils came much later. Most of North Jersey is Ranger territory and a lot of South Jersey is Flyer territory. The Devils have so few fans because of the Rangers and Flyers.

I think the Isles have a much larger fanbase than the Devils, they're just terrible fans who have stopped going to games and supporting their team. If the Isles regained relevance, you'd see those fans crawl out of their dark holes and act like they never stopped supporting the team.

Isles have potential to regain their fanbase (it would be a bandwagon fanbase, but who's gonna complain?), whereas the Devils just don't have a fanbase.
This is a totally unfair statement. I'll keep it civil, because this is your board, but no fan of any organization has gone through the turmoil that we Islander fans have endured for the past 3 decades (corrupt cheap ownership, convicted crooks, inept GM's, etc). It's amazing that we have as many fans as we do because I guarantee most teams fans would have totally split if they had to deal with the crap that we have had to deal with. It's been a complete soap opera...a show that I hope concludes when the lockout ends.