View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 04:26 PM
OlTimeHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I agree with you about Cappy. I think this is the final season on his contract.I'd love to see him replaced.

I don't see Wang firing Snow. Snow's done a good job on contracts and put together a strong prospect pool. We can make the complaint that Snow's too conservative with trades, but I would think Wang will give him time, to make some moves with the higher payroll.
Conversely, if the team gets help and does well, Cappy stays. I liked our game under him and fear the next "great idea" to come out (run and gun, left wing lock, hard forecheck, who knows what they might think up?).

If the Isles can play the Isles V Pens game on fight night under Cappy more often, I'll sign Cappy to a three year extension! But.....if we can improve and land a big time coach and not some AHL fodder......

Personally, I'd like to see Cappy last a year and move to Thompson if he shines on the bench for us. I like his attitude and the BST style. (yes, AHL fodder as well, but this is the Isles, even in Starbucks country)