View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 03:47 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Conversely, if the team gets help and does well, Cappy stays. I liked our game under him and fear the next "great idea" to come out (run and gun, left wing lock, hard forecheck, who knows what they might think up?).

If the Isles can play the Isles V Pens game on fight night under Cappy more often, I'll sign Cappy to a three year extension! But.....if we can improve and land a big time coach and not some AHL fodder......

Personally, I'd like to see Cappy last a year and move to Thompson if he shines on the bench for us. I like his attitude and the BST style. (yes, AHL fodder as well, but this is the Isles, even in Starbucks country)
With Weight and Thompson looking over Cappy's shoulder, I had expected this to be his last season behind the NYI bench. I thought he avoided the chopping block at the end of last season because the isles, didn't want to pay both him and his replacement in 2012-2013.

Now we have Wang telling the press in recent interviews, that if we get a season this yr, the isles will make the playoffs. That's a pretty bold statement since we have not had the revamped D play 1 game together and lost a 60+ winger.