Thread: STU Tommies
View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 04:23 PM
SnipeShow91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gleanerguy View Post
He's a good guy, and he's done the rebuild before. But it's clear it's going to take time. Not even sure what the team's identity is supposed to be? Defensively strong? Hard working? It's hard to tell. I missed the game against X, reputed to be their best effort of the season. In the three home games I've seen, they've been badly outplayed. They're chasing the puck all the time and not catching up. Forwards come unimpeded into the zone and throw the puck around like the Harlem Globetrotters. Not sure what the fix is. Couple of big, physical defencemen maybe. Puck moving defencemen don't do you any good if you can't get the puck. Not an indictment of Troy by any means, except that the whole league's talent level seems to have gotten that much better and the Tommies have not kept up.
There are ways to slow more talented teams down, and most coaches who know the talent isint there for a track meet need to slow it down from the neutral zone in. Whats the scheme of their dzone so they dont get killed? If I'm the coach of a team of a team without talent (like I am) I'm making more of an effort to winning hockey games 3-2, 2-1 and 1-0 with a solid goaltender and solid defensive team play.