View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 04:34 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Spits finish the 5 game road trip which of course was split into 2 weekends at 2-3,not the greatest but they did go 2-2 in the last 4 so I will take,the effort was good in the last 2 losses including todays 5-2 game at Owen Sd
Binnington was huge in goal for OS while Pavelka was replaced after the 1st,allowing 3 goals and battling the puck, despite the Spits decent effort,replaced by Dekort for the final 2 periods
Poor powerplay vis-a-vis execution killed Windsor today,aside from the fact every time spits made a mistake it wound up in the back of the net,but they battled hard against probably the dirtiest team in the league,its too bad Windsor let them off the hook,after having two 5 minute pps though they were shortened by Windsor penalties
The game featured 3 fights,all good ones too
Studnicka-Pezzetta,E.Clark-Zweep in the main event,and Seiloff-Cutting in the 3rd one,Spits in my view took 2 of the 3 with Eclark losing his to the giant Zweep,got to give marks to Clark,he is 5'9" while Zweep is 6'5"
As well there numerous scrums and chirping throughout this game,clear to see these teams dont like each other
I would have dressed Bowen instead of Bateman for this contest because of OS"s style of play
Including misconducts and game misconducts there were total of 196 penalty minutes assessed in this game including 103 in the 2nd period
Unfortunately not enough of Windsor"s best players matched Owen Sd particularily Binnington who stoned the spits on at least 3/4 occassions,while Gemel Smith Brace and Blandisi were dangerous all game
The Vail-Rychel-Marchese played well,with Marchese getting both goals,while nobody stood out on defence,whereas with Owen Sd,Chiarlitti,Bigras and Dotchin were outstanding
Some a loss like this galvanizes a team with everybody sticking together thru this games war,a game that saw alot of dirty hits and a few fights
With London up next we will see