View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 04:37 PM
massey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Having a conversation on here is like defending fighting; you try, but sometimes it's just pointless.

The team has big expectations this year, with people looking for a fourth place finish (including myself). That's what happened with the last batch, so surely that's what's supposed to happen this time. Frankly, in the junior hockey cycle, it's not unrealistic to expect it.

When a team struggles out of the gate, for whatever reason, people jump on them and find anything to criticize about. This player is having a horrible year, that powerplay is brutal, this goaltender can't stop a beach ball, that defenceman is useless, etc. It's become a never-ending "let's bash because we can" situation. Sure, other teams that should be below us are ahead of us, but it's October. Why should I freak out? What point does that possibly serve? I didn't know you could lose a title in October. If this team was winning, people would either jump on the bandwagon ("I KNEW this team had it in them") or they'd still find a reason to complain ("he scored a hat-trick? Only took him a year!"). It's the way the internet works.

I won't deny this team is inconsistent, but the talent is there and there's no reason they shouldn't do well.
Thats interesting,Sting fan here and our site was also full of negativity before the season and after the first few games.Now that we are winning,playing well,no one is even commenting on here.I was also questioning some things that were done but has also been the first to compliment the players and staff.They are just kids and will have there ups and down.Windsor still looks pretty good overall to me and i am sure they will come around.