Thread: Value of: Zach bogosian
View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Jet Oil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
You cannot be serious. You want a soon to be stud DMan AND a great defensive fwd prospect for yakupov? He hasn't even played in the NHL yet and he's already worth a franchise potential defenseman and good prospect(after watching him at the summit series or w/e it wax against the russians I'm expecting a Kesler like player out of Sutter).

No thanks. From the Oilers, for that deal, I'd expect one of the other three.
I don't care that Yakupov hasn't played a game in the NHL. There's no risk with a can't miss prospect. Who was the last 1st overall, star forward, who didn't turn out to be an NHL All-star. Yakupov broke Stamkos' goal scoring record in Sarnia, and has 8 goals and 10 ponits in 11 KHL games right now, as a teenager playing against men in arguably the best active pro league in the world right now. Dont give me the argument that he isn't worth anything because he hasn't played an NHL game. Neither has Nathan Mackinnon, but I bet you value that 1st overall pick pretty highly right now.

You're putting down and passing on Yak because all he is is potential right now. But so is Bogosian. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Bogo (I even have his jersey), but this was the first year in his 4 year career that he started to show what he could become. I think Yakupov and Bogosian are pretty close in value.

As for Sutter, I hope he turns into something one day, but right now he's got 3 points and is a -10 in 14 WHL games. Where are you getting a future Ryan Kesler from that? I like him, but his ceiling would probably be a 3rd line centre. Not exactly a deal breaker.

Jet Oil is offline   Reply With Quote