3. Orr
4. Howe
5. Beliveau
6. M Richard
7. Bobby Hull
8. P Roy
9. Morenz
10. MAYBE Jagr... not 100% here

Gretzky is the best player ever. Period. Lemieux was the most dominate player despite his injuries. 7th all time in points and yet the only player in the top 35 point scores ever to play under 1k games. Seriously dominate. Orr was excellent as a defenseman, but way too short of a career. Flip side, Howe was great, but a lot of this was longevity IMO.

I know I'm missing Harvey, Shore, and a couple other. I seriously know so little about them, I have no idea where to put them. I threw Morenz in there because of nostalgia and the original superstar of hockey.

The more I look at this list, the less likely I am seeing any of the new guns breaking into this list as it is. Gonna take some crazy years for any current player (beside Jagr) to make it into the top 10.
Morenz is highly overrated IMO. Take the case of Marty Barry. Barry's career overlapped with Morenz's for eight seasons. Barry outscored Morenz five times, Morenz outscored Barry three times. Barry has a comparable career PPG.

One of them is considered an All-Time great, another is "just another pre-O6 player".

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote