View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 05:40 PM
leafsfuture

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
He will not play short handed thats for sure. He'll probably get some solid even strength time and play a tonne on the PP. He didnt get played in all situations in the Canada Russia series this summer and hes a turnover machine.

With a 1 goal lead in the final minute of play if Spott roles with the guys he familiar with, Canada will be going home without a gold just like the last few years and Spott wont be coaching again.

Ryan Ellis hardly played even in his fourth year except in more offensive roles, I think itll be the same for Murphy
For me the biggest reason Canada lost to the US in Saskatoon (and almost lost twice to them) was that they tried Ellis as a top 4 guy. I remember hearing pre-tourney videos about him wanting to step into a top 4 role, and he just wasn't ready for that

Of course the bigger issue was that we had a coach who had no confidence in one of his 7 defence man, and when Hamonic got injured we basically had no support on the back end. Why Gormely got cut in the first round of cuts, and how DeHaan made it over him was just beyond me

So yes, I dont want Murphy in a top 4 role. Rielly, Murray, Hamilton, Harrington sounds good to me