View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 05:43 PM
DaveT83*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
Source

Not even being able to top Grabovski's acquisition over the span of 5 years is pretty sad. The amount of damage JFJ did to the club is utterly ridiculous, and here people are whining about the Kessel trade still, and a few stopgap signings.

Makes you wonder what Burke could have done arriving to a team with Mogilny, Sundin, Nolan, Kaberle, Tucker, Gilmour, Domi, McCabe, Belfour, etc. Take them from a 7th place team to a 24th place team in a span of 5 seasons? I think not. The ONLY reason your statement may be true (looking at it with blinders on) is because JFJ wasn't given another season to mess things up further.
I will say this once again. For as long as Leaf fans want to continually judge the job Brian Burke is doing with the Job JFJ did - its a fairly easy fight to win. And I can name you 29 other current NHL GM's who would also win in a comparison with JFJ. Its not a HIGH WATER MARK for success in an Organization.

For example: CANADA HAS A BETTER HEALTHCARE SYSTEM THAN SOMALIA DOES!

If the Goal was to WIN NOW ASAP as Ownership/Burke are on the record as saying:
Then 7th,2nd,9th,5th LAST OVERALL is a supreme failure.

If Rebuilding and acquiring ELITE TALENT was the plan:
Look no further than our MEDIOCRE PROSPECT POOL - and The Phil Kessel trade as examples of Collassial Failures.

In a court of law he would be found CRIMINALLY NEGLIGENT over the mis-handling of this organization.