View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 06:47 PM
RED ARMY EAST

vCash: 500
Stu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeShow91 View Post
There are ways to slow more talented teams down, and most coaches who know the talent isint there for a track meet need to slow it down from the neutral zone in. Whats the scheme of their dzone so they dont get killed? If I'm the coach of a team of a team without talent (like I am) I'm making more of an effort to winning hockey games 3-2, 2-1 and 1-0 with a solid goaltender and solid defensive team play.
Easier said than done! This entire league has elevated itself since you played with STU
You play UNB,Moncton,Acadia and those are top 5 teams in the country, than the rest of the pack is also very,very competitive. Outside of STU, there are no weak teams, no gimme games, unlike the OUA. That's not meant to be a dig, because it has also improved, but it's reality. They are giving up a ton of shots every night. Would a trap style work? I don't think that you will have any better results, I don't think that they have the skill to counter attack, but they can't be giving up 50 shots a game.
Ryan knows his systems well, it's not a coaching problem! It's recruiting and if he's handcuffed, than it's a big problem!
I'd be looking at the ECHL, maybe they can attract one or two players under 21 years of age, who have had a change in heart and are looking to go the college way, instead of semi-pro.