View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 07:29 PM
cgf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Most importantly, out of a entirely different scenario. With Kagawa, the player wanted to make a change and go to the EPL. And while Dortmund doesn't have a financial urgency to sell players, they aren't quite in a position to pass on a transfer fee for a player with one year left on his contract - at least when they want to re-invest that money for a fantastic long-term option such as Reus. Hummels won't force a transfer, and his contract won't be up for a long time. They are in the process of proving themselves that they can play against Europe's elite, and they are not doing too shabby considering the games they had against City and Real. Right now, there's very little drive for any of their guys to want out, and I don't see that changing until they hit a wall internationally.

At least as far as players under contracts go - with a guy like Lewandowski who's contract is up, there's a good chance they won't be willing to give what he can get on the open market and rather sell. But with Hummels, Götze and Reus, at least, I am rather sure those names will remain muppet dreams for at least two years.
Yeah, Lewa and Subotic are the only ones I could see leaving anytime soon, and even Subotic I think stays for the forceeable future. Lewa to me seems like just a matter of time till he makes the jump, if they miss out on Falcao gotta figure Chelsea will be in on him.