View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Bert Marshall days

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesBeBack View Post
I was at the Barclays Center Friday night for Sensation. Let me tell you what an absolutely insanely gorgeous arena. The area around the arena is improving, as well.

I did not feel unsafe at any point in time. Everyone around the arena, even native Bklyn'ers were willing to help. Everyone is going to benefit from this move. We hit up a local deli for a delicious sandwhich and then went to Applebees right across the arena.

Inside, it's just a dream. You walk in and everyone greets you like it's a special place to be. It's like a palace. The "courtyard" as I'll call it is so expansive, you can just see Islander fans rallying outside and chanting "Lets Go Islanders" during playoff games.

I couldn't be more excited. From Ronkonkoma - ATL Yards was 1.5 hours. Long, a little. But you can pregame a bit before games. After the games, they'll have plenty of trains to shoot you back home. The train station is literally right there at the arena.

I can't wait.

I'll tell you, I had lost all faith regarding this organization. With the constant hirings of these loser hockey personnel to the arena, I truly did not believe we would have a reprieve. We just did. I'm not sure if Wang will follow up on this and do what's right by hockey fans and spend money and the whole lot, but I'll give him that chance before I give up again. He didn't have to make it this easy for Islander fans. Remember that..
Great post. Agree with it all. Saw RUSH there last week and I felt like a rock star with all the friendly greetings at the arena. They were trained well. They go out of there way to make you enjoy the time and the neighborhood is fine. We have new life from the dead and a chance to compete will be great.