View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 10:22 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Missed the GDT so I'm putting my thoughts on the game today in here. I thought the team as a whole played very well. They looked like a team, and even though the play wasn't spectacular, they got the job done.

Let's see...the CHL Line wasn't quite as dynamic as the other day. Bournival played a good game, Gallagher didn't seem to get much going at I didn't notice Holland much at all. Quailer was all right, again, nothing really stood out. Palushaj, despite scoring a goal, was bad - too many turnovers and not enough offense being generated. Geoffrion was by far the best Hamilton forward, but he's an enigma - he has games where he looks lost and weak, and games like today where he scores on an NHL-caliber wrister and feeds Palushaj an NHL slap-pass. So who knows. Nattinen looked more comfortable, Berger did a decent job on the forecheck, Stortini was useless.

On defense, I thought everyone played well. If I had to choose a weak link, it would probably be Ellis - a couple of turnovers, but nothing too egregious. Nash looked good for a first game. Tinordi played really well and had a beauty of a hit on Baertschi. Pateryn was also good but has a habit of rushing the puck out in front of his goalie that puts me on edge - hasn't burned him yet though. Beaulieu was less noticeable but played a solid game defensively. FSD had some good and some not-so-good plays at both ends.

Mayer looked solid and had a game-saving stop near the end of the game. He wasn't terribly busy as the Heat never got much going, but was good when called upon.