View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 10:10 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
I don't even know where to start with the defense. There's talent there, I figured the corners would be the weak spot heading into the season but they've been okay. The linebackers are very good when McCarthy is on the field, but when he was injured they struggled. The real area of concern is the d-line, they had some good pressure today with some sacks and passes knocked down, but most of the season they've been pretty bad.
I think it boils down to the offense's ability to execute and control the tempo of the game. The San Diego game is a prime example. This offense doesn't run a lot of plays and it doesn't put together a lot of long drives. When your defense is on the field for a long time, they wear out and get carved up by a competent quarterback.

I know the college game is different, but the TSO this year us exactly what I'm talking about. Alabama wore out UT's defense with a powerful, physical running attack and long drives deep into Tennessee territory. UT couldn't do that and started giving up score after score by attrition if nothing else.

The Titans either don't have or don't use a powerful inside runner like that, and that makes it difficult to move the sticks and establish the offense. It's worth a shot; if Johnson won't hit the holes with conviction, get a big, strong fella who will plow through the line and carry an LB with him for a few extra yards.