View Single Post
Old
10-28-2012, 10:59 PM
StikTBo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Were you wearing a Heritage jersey with a couple guys that were wearing Nordiques stuff?
Hahaha yes! The Nordique Nation was there even during AHL games! (Actually, I'm also pulling for Quebec city to get a team even though they will always be 2nd behind the Sens. One of the Nordique jersey was actually mine but I was the one wearing the Heritage one. Pretty scary that with my innocent post you were able to identify me from the stream lol)

Just got back home. Pretty disappointing considering we travelled 6h to watch them lose 4-0 but we had a great time.

I met a guy saying nice jersey at the entrace before showing me his white jersey under his coat. It was pretty cool to see we weren't the only Sens fans there.

The arena looked was pretty empty. I don't know if hurricane Sandy had anything to do with it but there were less than 1000 people in a 10k capacity arena, despite the attendance reported of 3.5k.

It was the franco/canadian heritage promotion and they played many songs in french from Quebec during commercial breaks. I think they said the PA announcer was from Montreal and talked in both english and french during the whole game. I would have never expected that lol. The guy next to us started talking to us when he saw us singing the canadian anthem in french. He was originally from Quebec but he moved to New Hampshire in the 80's. It sure didn't look like we had travelled 300 km south of the boarder.

I was the most impressed with DD. He looked strong, fast and showed some good hands. Wiercioch looked alright. I expected more from Hoffman, there were some times where he tried to do a bit too much at the blue line. The powerplay was terrible. They definately need to work on that. Bishop was okay I thought. I knew he wouldn't be so sharp since it was one of the first games of the season for him but they really need Cowen back.

Last edited by StikTBo: 10-28-2012 at 11:21 PM.
StikTBo is offline   Reply With Quote