Old
10-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
That Giants front four would be the end of the Bears if we meet up in the playoffs, assuming the Bears don't flame out. They would probably have 10 sacks in the first half and Cutler would probably be dead.
Maybe. The pass rush needs to be better than it has been. Tuck and Osi aren't making as much of an impact as they should be. JPP is trucking, and Canty and Joseph have had good games, but the feared and vaunted Giants pass rush of old is not quite as sharp of late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
The Giants defense is not very good at all and has had its' water carried for it by the Giants offense through 8 games. It's a below average defense that isnt very good at run defense or at pass defense.

It's being masked as "passable" so far this season because the team has been winning, but opposing offenses are chewing up the field against the Giants, so people don't realize that they're giving up close to 400 yards per game, which is near the bottom of the NFL. Unless they make significant improvements on D, I don't see the possibility of the Giants going anywhere in the playoffs.

The above is an objective view, not an emotional Giants' fan view, and I think it's fair.
Even giving up a lot of yardage, they are still pretty good at keeping points off the board somehow. So they are locking it down when necessary.

The pass rush needs to be better but it has been ok. The run defence has actually been pretty good. It's the secondary that's the problem. I don't fully trust any of the corners except Webster and even he has bad days.