View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

vCash: 500
Just finished watching today's game. The Bulldogs have been doing a solid job limiting the opposite team's shots this weekend, gotta give credits to the coaching staff and the defense in general for that. I thought the veterans in majority stepped up their game today. I felt that Geoffrion who hadn't been doing much so far was today's best player for Hamilton. He was making things happen in the offensive zone (he got a goal and an assist) and was back-checking hard. Boyce played an honest game and made some nice plays to make sure that the Bulldogs would keep their lead. Nash played much better than the last game I saw of him, did he have a more offensive role in his rookie season two years ago? He has a decent shot and some good passing to go with it. Can I know how Stortini played so many games in the NHL? He's so garbage and does nothing out there but stand there with a dumb look on his face and take dumb penalties.

Defense: St-Denis, nothing bad to say about him, such a smart player and he deserves a chance next season as a 7th D. Only thing holding him back is his size, there was one play where he got outmuscled but he got up and went back to block the shot and prevent a solid scoring chance. Ellis did the little things right so did Tinordi. Pateryn is getting into his own, he's starting to show the physical game of his that was getting hyped at the Dogs training camp in September. Beaulieu had another excellent game, the points will come.

Forwards: Nattinen is an interesting project, he has some untapped offensive potential and he's good on the forecheck, smart player all around. I like Hollands quickness and creativity out there, treat to watch. Tough game for Gallagher, took too many shots that had no chance of going in but he did have a good chance in the 2nd where he had an open net but it got blocked, definitely seemed frustrated out there with his performance. Dumont was solid, did the little things right and was flawless on the PK. Quailer was pretty quiet tonight.

That's all my thoughts for today's game.