View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 12:02 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
You're giving Reed way too much credit here. While it's a nice thought that maybe crafty 'ol Kavis is trying to keep the Stamps off guard with some misdirection through the media, there is absolutely nothing to suggest that's the case.

You really think saying "we're getting Boyd going" for the 2nd half was a clever ploy to fool Al's personnel (it was a meaningless game for them, I rather doubt they were paying attention anyway)? I think it was just one of many baseless comments made by a coach with no ability to manage personnel, no sense of in-game adjustments, and no control over the plays his ******** underling co-ordinator is calling.

Look at Cerebral's post above. The "We went with Nicholls for a change of pace" comment is classic. I guess you decided that after 110 minutes of awful production from Joseph it was finally time for a change of pace? These are the words of an incompetent, confused boob if I ever saw them.

Hey, Reed had me fooled. Had me fooled really good. I thought he was a great coach, and we would really take the next step after Crandell was fired, which I assumed was just a formality after the disastrous end to last season. This season, especially from Labour Day onward, has been a real eye-opener. We've had Maciocia level coaching for most of this season. It can only be described as an unmitigated disaster. I literally cannot think of a way this coaching staff could have done a worse job. The fact that Marcus Crandell is still on this staff is just mind-blowing.
I've spent this football season trying to be positive as possible. Overall I just want to see playoffs, however we get there.

In anycase people will remember I started getting after Reed when he started throwing Burnett under the bus. Didn't much like that and Reed sometimes doesn't know when to stop and think about his own responsibility in real time. It was his fault Burnett was running the ball out, we both said it at the time, and Kavis later admitted it. Which makes his antics look pretty stupid.
Plus that a guy that keeps mouthing off about team responsibility, not making stupid plays, not reacting, does plenty of it himself on the sideline. Which leads to a do what I say not what I do disconnect. You have to walk the walk. Be the class act you want your players to be.

Reed is kind of a fire and brimstone locker motivational speaker. Guy has a role, and I think he knows D good, And I think he evaluates personnel OK. Where he fails is in using and trusting those personnel. Seems to second guess himself a lot. All the rookie coach stuff is happening this year.

I'd give him another year to see what he's really made of and if he's learning on the job.