View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 08:07 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
This rant stuck in the back of my mind for the rest of the season, and especially during the playoffs. I was finally able to find it on Youtube:

http://youtu.be/cqUvDKfDY7Q

My problem with the rant isn't that he laughs them off as a Stanley Cup contender, but the fact that he puts the entire blame on the players. Not much changed in terms of personnel between the time we were a team that didn't have "enough meat on the bones" to where we went on one of the most dominant playoff runs in NHL history. In the playoffs, one of our biggest strengths was our team depth and ability to roll four solid lines. They complained about the King's defense as though we relied on Doughty playing 60 minutes a night playing along with a few other nobodies as our defensive core. For the hockey experts to not see that this team did have skill and were just locked into a defensively solid yet offensively stale system, and had a coach that could not motivate them anymore is what I find funniest about the video.
You make it sound like the experts actually ever made an effort watch Kings games...