View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 11:09 AM
ABasin
Beer is good food

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
Then again, comparing Avs today to the dark days of the Nordique's, isn't really reaching for the stars now, is it. I'd rather people compare us to The modern Redwings as a benchmark to be honest.

They've somehow remained competitive year, after year, after year in a post salary cap era. They've continued to uncover VERY good players like Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Howard and co. while keeping their vets in Osgood and Lidstrom firing....they just have an outstanding culture both on and off the ice.

Their fans, players & coaches have vastly different expectations on themselves than Avs fans. I really don't know how their structure would tolerate a re-build, which in my opinion, they may need to go through soon.

Detroit are about winning at all costs, which is why they brought in players like Hossa, and openly stated their appetite and willingness to spend on Suter and Parise.

Just very, very different clubs from top to bottom. We should be comparing ourselves to them, rather than The Nordique's imo if and when we want to be winners again.
They also play a very entertaining brand of puck-moving hockey. Which would make a $150/night endeavor much easier to swallow.

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote