View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 11:14 AM
joe89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPilgrim View Post
He's made one appearance for Skövde IK J18 this season. I guess he normally plays for Skövde IK U16 but I'm not sure.
He's not on their "A-pojk"(-97 & -98 born) roster, but hard to say because I can't find stats for those leagues. That's an obscure level anyway.

The thing with those lower junior divisions is that they don't play nearly enough games. Skövde was relegated from J18 Elit last year which is the top U18 division, and they played 34 games(the top teams play 40+playoffs). This year he plays in a division where they only play 18(!) games stretching from October-March. He seems like a pretty promising kid, but needs to change team to progress. Obviously he's just barely a teenager, not the easiest thing to just move elsewhere.

He's named to a regional U16 development camp anyway(http://swehockey.se/ImageVaultFiles/...2012%20no1.PDF) where he's the only -98 born so the federation obviously has their eyes open. There are four regional camps like this in total(covering all of Sweden) and only four -98 borns are on them, so you could say he's among the top guys in his age group right now.

joe89 is online now   Reply With Quote