Thread: Confirmed with Link: Andrei Markov signs for Vityaz Chekhov (KHL)
View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
This speaks more of the team's inability to draft, develop or acquire top end talent more than to Markov's level of play, in my humble opinion. Another proof of that was the God-like status many Habs' fans were giving to Alex Kovalev.

Markov has been a very good player for a while in Montreal. At his peak (3-4 years max), he was borderline elite, I'll give him that. I've always loved his vision on the ice and he was an excellent passer, especially on the PP. But since his injuries, he never could regain his old form and I'm personally very concerned that he may never will. I was shocked when Gauthier announced the 3 year deal, which I felt was too long for too much of a risk.

I know that saying that will be mistaken as "hate" towards Markov. I prefer calling it it "reality" or "taking the rose coloured glasses off".

Having said all of that, I'm genuinely hoping that he returns to the Habs in his old form as they will desperately need him to do so.
When playing he was a top 5 defenseman for 2 and a half seasons. At the time I was already reading this site and in the many many threads to list the top 5 defensemans in the league Markov name was rightfully listed there and not only by Habs fans. Also, I don't think your post is in the class of the Markov haters, so don't worry ! Thought, you need to consider than rich teams can afford having a Markov as a risk in their depth chart.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote