View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Add Jack Johnson to the previous criticisms by Cammalleri and Suter as another outspoken player with right-on-the money assessments of the Owners' hypocrisies:

Quote:
"The concept that the owners are trying to dismantle existing contracts that they in good faith offered, signed, and committed to is appalling, unprofessional, and disgraceful," Johnson wrote in his blog at jackjohnson3.com.

"I negotiated my own contract, without an agent, with the confidence and belief that the owner offering me that contract operated by the same convictions and principals (sic) as I do. During the summer, the players offered to play through negotiations and the owners locked us out. We want to play hockey! Where is the honor? I'm ready to play and uphold my end of the deal!"
In doing so, Johnson then makes the mistake of reinforcing the belief the NHL is relying on to break the NHLPA's resolve:

Quote:
"I want to work," read the blog. "I'm a professional athlete and I want to play hockey! In my chosen profession, I don't have until I am 60 or 70 years old to do this job. My window of opportunity to play professional hockey is limited. If I'm lucky, I can play until I'm 40. "I have been training as a hockey player my entire life, and I know it is a privilege to play in the NHL. So each month, each week, and each game that is cancelled is an opportunity I will never get back."
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=408388

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote