View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
I just don't understand why we can't spend some assets to get a top 5 pick. This isn't like the Crosby draft where there is a clear far and away #1. Mackinnon, Jones, and Barkov are all arguably in competition for first overall honors, and guys like Monahan, Shinkaruk, and Drouin are all trying to push themselves into the top 5. We have 3 first round picks and enough defensive depth to package an asset (one of moore, savard, Erixon) if we need to. Maybe its just me but I'd rather have a top 5 and a mid level first rounder than 3 mid level first rounders.

There are a number of elite offensive prospects at the top of draft, and we have the opportunity to grab a pair of top 10 maybe even top 5 picks. Would you rather have the 4th and 7th overall picks or have Moore the 4th, 15th and 23rd overall picks?
Moore and the picks. Players rise and fall for a number of reasons, and a quick look at the draft this very year bears out that the biggest names don't always end up at the top and the lesser names could well end up as the best players.