Thread: Lest We Forget
View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Predaleafs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by colchar View Post
That saying doesn't cheer for war, it admonishes those who do not support the troops. One can disagree with the conflict (whichever one) but can still support the people who serve and the saying points out that, if you cannot do that, you should feel free to take their place. It has nothing to do with cheering for war.
Showing support for our troops is different. the statement i was talking about is saying that our troops no matter what are always in the right. Stating you have no other option but support them. I do not cheer for war, nor do i support what our troops are fighting for. I wish everyone over there the best of luck and hope not 1 single person is hurt, but to say i do not support the fact that we have 21 year old kids being killed to fight a war we should not be in. I have watched alot of videos, read alot of papers and believe this war could have been avoided if Bush (both SR, JR) did their jobs.

Quote:
I guess you don't realize that the only reason you are free to express your views is because people served?
My sisters husband is stationed in Japan right now and works with the American Army. I tell him i respect him for fighting to save our rights, but i do not accept fighting in a war that can be avoided

Quote:
Then you are unbelievably ignorant. Not all wars are just but some are so you cannot make absolutist statements like yours. WW II was a just war and its goals could not have been achieved through any other means. Sometimes you have to stand up for what is right.
In the comment below you quote me as saying "This message is saying the only options you have include war, which is some cases isnt always true." I understand in some cases, their is no option like World War 2, and i would support our troops in a fight for rights that some are being withheld. But in some cases War is not needed like the one we are fighting now.

Quote:
Not always, no. But in many cases it is.
Again, you just said that in some cases it is not needed, so why show support for the deaths of many, when there are ways around it. I have already stated when it is needed, i show support to our troops, and will gladly fight beside them, but i do not support a war that is not needed

Quote:
Do you not even realize that, in claiming to support what the troops fight for, you are contradicting yourself? And innocent people are not killed intentionally nor are they killed because of our troops - they are killed because of those who start the conflict (we don't start them).
I miswrote and meant "I support what our troops fight for, when needed..."

Again, as stated above, when a war is needed, i will be behind them 100%, but until i see a war that is needed, i can`t. WW1,WW2 these are wars needed, fighting for the rights others had taken away. Iraq should have very easily been done before 2001, and i am a firm believer that BUsh was apart of it. Get the American people to see that Iraq is full of bad people see we can go get oil from them.

You have your opinion, i have mine, i can find alot of holes in yours, you can find alot of holes in mine. Is this debate, needed?IDK, but i will continue to respond to anything else you have to say.

Predaleafs is offline   Reply With Quote