Old
10-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Belleville is a pretty poor offensive team, however they are very strong defensively. They've allowed 30 goals all year, which is the fewest in the OHL, but have only scored 33, which again is the fewest in the OHL.

Jordan Subban's defensive game isn't very good. He does have his moments, but frequently gets beat. He's also no where near how explosive PK was at the same age, however Jordan is more well-rounded.

The reason that he isn't getting more hype is the fact of how deep the draft is. Honestly I have him as mid-second round pick right now. Undersized offensive defenceman aren't very coveted unless they have gamebreaking offensive talent. Which I haven't seen from Jordan Subban yet.
Agreed on Jordan. He's getting points, but not really dazzling the way PK did in his rover days. Jordan's game is rather less flashy. I don't think I'd be looking at him until mid-round flyer time... ? Not in the 2nd, at least not for our team.

I'd give Malcolm a good bit of credit on the defensive record for the Bulls as well. He's the best goalie in the OHL, and has to be in the running for best in junior hockey. Alas for how that draft turned out.

Oh yeah... and 5'9" 170 looks accurate for Jordan today to me...