View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 03:54 PM
MoreOrr
B4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojac View Post
They want guaranteed delinked increases in the player salary pool that would make the total paid to the players roughly 50% of HRR assuming that those revenues grow at the NHLPA-projected rate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy77 View Post
If revenues grow less or flatline, the players would get much more.

If revenues grow more than expected, there are provisions to increase the player's share to 52-54%.

All the benefits, no drawbacks.
Rather than debate blindly, I'm going to confess that none of that makes much sense to me.

You're saying delinked but still roughly equal to 50% HRR, but "roughly" means **** all. It's either linked or it's not linked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
Do you even believe most of the players actually understand what has been going on? Agreeing on 50/50 is obviously fair but what Fehr didn't tell them is that he has offered to get to 50/50 years down the line in the event of a 5% annual growth and with Delinkage. The 3rd proposal of immediate 50/50 is even more ridiculous as it was on a single sheet without any concrete numbers.

Bunch of idiots those players are as 200 of them will mostly likely never play again in the NHL.
You haven't enlightened me any more with that. Sorry, I'm not criticizing, I'm just saying that it doesn't explain much other than to suggest that Fehr is doing one thing and telling the players another. My question would be: How the **** do you know that he's telling the players one thing and trying to swing something else by the owners? How do you know that?