View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 04:59 PM
bauerpower

vCash: 500
The '76 Isles 3rd game of the year is up.

I recorded the home opener against '78 Montreal, but I had a burst of genius and forgot to turn on my mike. It was a loss anyway. The Isles gave it all they had but couldn't beat Dryden. Pierre Larouche broke a 2-2 tie with 3:45 left in the 3rd to win it for the Habs. JP Parise fought Rick Chartraw and Clark Gillies destroyed Bob Gainey. Montreal is going to be tough to beat. They lost their first game to '88 Calgary, but they've won their last 5.

Here is half of the boxscore.

For me, THIS was the rivalry, the Islanders vs the Oilers in the early '80s. I had some buddies growing up in Edmonton who were Islander fans, but when the Oilers joined the NHL in 1979, they abandoned ship and left me alone. Anytime the Oilers won, I received relentless mass heckling for the following week. When they met in the playoffs in 1981, the Islanders even won the series but I received it mercilessly because the Oilers managed to win 2 games. Needless to say, I developed some negative feelings for these hotshot Oilers at that time and some of these emotions came out in the video. Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAKYFV

bauerpower is offline   Reply With Quote