View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 04:00 PM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
You don't think so? Gillis is on record saying he wouldn't ask anyone to waive their no trade, and he's stuck to that as far as I can tell. I don't blame Luongo for taking advantage of the situation but I've alway's thought he was a little flaky and this is another example imo.

Luongo is a good leader in that he's a great example of the kind of hard work and professionalism it takes to be a great hockey player. IMO he rides the up and downs too much to be a good leader overall.
I think he opened himself up for a trade, but I dont think he 'asked' for it.

What makes him flaky? That he spoke to the media? I'm not sure where you get to calling him flaky.

The real part I didn't like where you suggested the team wanting to move him makes him a bad leader. The same team that made him captain and paid him like the face of the franchise.

He has lead this team, and he gets all the blame when they lose and doesn't shy away from it.

That's a leader to me.

Also, Im unsure how you think Luongo is using this situation to his advantage? Not waiving his NTC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
There was a mutual agreement. Gillis never asked him to waive, they just both knew the relationship was over. Big difference there.

Forced out by management is a narrative no one should take seriously.
It's quite evident the Canucks don't want Roberto Luongo much longer, can we agree?

I'll say the Canucks want him gone, and Roberto has a little power with his NTC...we'll see how it plays out.