View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Nyquist

vCash: 500
All this talk on prospects and line combinations really has me excited for some hockey. So we have Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Filppula, Cleary, Samuelsson, Brunner, Nyquist, Tatar, Bertuzzi, Helm, Tootoo, Emmerton, Eaves, Miller, and Mursak. That's 16 forwards. Hopefully Emmerton and Mursak start the year in the AHL and Eaves will be on the IR. That leaves us with 13 forwards. I'd like to see

Nyquist - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner
Cleary - Filppula - Samuelsson
Miller - Helm - Abdelkader

Miller, Abdelkader, and Tootoo rotate in those three spots. When injuries happen Tatar, Emmerton, and Mursak get their chance. Or if Brunner struggles put Tatar in his spot. Hopefully Babcock puts the young skilled guys on the skill lines...so frustrating to watch guys like Nyquist put up nearly a ppg with Datsyuk only to go back down once the team is healthy again. As much as I don't like Bertuzzi, the only player he's somewhat effective with is Datsyuk and if I remember correctly he was the one with Datsyuk and Nyquist during that nice streak for them last year. Then hopefully Cleary can get back to being a 20-25 goal guy and Filppula can repeat last year. This team has me really excited for the future. Even when Datsyuk and Zetterberg are gone, the team should still be great with Nyquist, Smith, Tatar, Filppula, Brunner, Mursak, Helm, Pulkinnen, and Jurco.

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote