View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Justin St Pierre

vCash: 500
Yeah...I'm not one to tell other people how to manage their finances, but for the record, I did attend both a private university and a state one. The state one was more serious about academics, offered me more opportunities to carve out my own path, and provided me with a ton of assistance and connections job-wise. One of my professors got two students internships at a major company years ago, and every summer since they always asked for students from that particular school because they were the only ones who knew anything and had a work ethic. Obviously, I mean not to discredit what private schools do, or the students who attend them. In my individualized experience, I'd never have even looked at private schools if I could again. I also understand that different people have different ideas about what they want from a school; I'm admittedly introverted and really just wanted to be there for academics and not an experience/anything social. That said, I think there's a ton of merit in those kinds of things for people who want them, and if someone individually chooses to pay that much to get a different experience, I can't tell them it isn't worth it for them personally just because it wasn't worth it for someone as abnormal as I am (rarest Myers-Briggs personality type, IQ of 141, went on a date each time Blake Wheeler stayed onside for a total of two dates in my life...).

Justin St Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote