View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 06:16 PM
Scurr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
I think he opened himself up for a trade, but I dont think he 'asked' for it.
I disagree. If he had given Gillis the option I think he would have at least explored a Schneider trade, no? IMO it's been pretty clear that he wants out.

Quote:
What makes him flaky? That he spoke to the media? I'm not sure where you get to calling him flaky.
Luongo is an emotional guy and when things go poorly he doesn't alway's deal with it well. He ended the season on the bench watching Quick and Schneider play great and he took it hard and made a poor decision for himself. Luongo isn't going to find a better place for him than this imo. I think that makes him flaky.

Quote:
The real part I didn't like where you suggested the team wanting to move him makes him a bad leader. The same team that made him captain and paid him like the face of the franchise.
We won't agree on this because I think he asked to be moved. Heading for the exit because of some adversity is not the sign of a good leader imo.

Quote:
He has lead this team, and he gets all the blame when they lose and doesn't shy away from it.
That's a leader to me.
Different people will define it different ways. Luongo has a lot of leadership qualities but is too up and down to be a great leader imo.

Quote:
Also, Im unsure how you think Luongo is using this situation to his advantage? Not waiving his NTC?
This situation gave him the opportunity to bail and he took it. I think there was probably something to his family situation and I'm sure this market was grinding on him. He didn't handle it very well at times and looked like it really started to wear on him.

Quote:
It's quite evident the Canucks don't want Roberto Luongo much longer, can we agree?
I don't think so. Gillis never would have handled it like this if he'd have wanted him gone. Look at Hodgson.