View Single Post
Old
10-29-2012, 05:57 PM
Faterson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
2. It is one thing if you can afford 30$ for a single game ticket or if you can afford a road trip from Khabarovsk to Bratislava. Thats crazy. How much does that cost actually?
Khabarovsk is next door to Japan, so to say, and in terms of time zones (9), it's as far away from Slovakia and Germany as Los Angeles or Vancouver. A plane ticket must cost hundreds of €, perhaps closer to €1000 than €500. (Don't know if the price gets lower if you buy the ticket in Russia from a Russian air-line.)

A few weeks ago, I saw a Slovak tourist agency advertising a road trip for Slovan fans to the games in Ufa, Kazan et al. I wonder if they had any customers buying them. I don't remember the price, but it was prohibitive (hundreds of € to watch a single away game).

Quote:
3. Any chance for a bigger arena in Bratislava? They need like 20,000 NHL style.
I absolutely agree. The current arena, even as it was being "reconstructed" (= practically built anew) for the 2011 World Championships, has always been criticized for being too small. Everything is very nice, bright, new & cozy inside, but 10,055 capacity just isn't enough. There had been talk of building a new 15,000+ arena on the outskirts of Bratislava, but this never happened. If the KHL continues being such a huge hit, though, the old, pre-2011 plans might get revived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
I'm not sure that an auction is a good idea.
I agree with you, although an auction is probably better than outright black market (= current state). I'm afraid the implementation of that questionable idea will be chaotic.

Quote:
Sure but in Germany most games Mo-Thu in any sports are played at 20.30 or later just because so many people come home from work around 18h and later. But in the NHL the 19h games also work, so maybe its a German thing.
I believe the German kickoff/faceoff times are TV-induced. The Tagesschau newscast runs from 8 to 8:15 p.m. every day, so prime time on German TV begins at 8:15 p.m. every night. There needs to be a pregame show, of course, and that's why the opening kickoff/faceoff is at 8:30 p.m. at the earliest. I'm certain that German TV stations have a lot to do with football Champions League games starting at 8:45 p.m. across most of Europe.

For the KHL, 7 p.m. on weekdays (sometimes 7:30) and 5 p.m. at weekends seems ideal. In Slovan's arena, you can always see lots of very young kids in the audience (like aged below 10, even), and if the games started later than 7 p.m., most of them wouldn't be able to attend.

Last edited by Faterson: 10-29-2012 at 06:06 PM.