Old
10-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carelton CA View Post
Watching these names roll across the top of this screen as the TOP PROSPECTS, voted sometime this summer I believe.

#1 Palmieri
#2 Etem
#3 Vatanen
#4 Rakell
#5 Holland
#6 Smith-Pelley
#7 Lindholm
#8 Karlsson
#9 Gibson
#10 Kerdiles
#11 Friberg

Now that we're at the end of October and have a snapshot of all the prospects what would you change today? Also need to remember that the AHL is now considered the best league in the world according to almost all the experts. That being said, here is my new ranking.

#1 Vatanen
#2 Palmieri
#3 Lindholm
#4 Holland
#5 Smith-Pelley
#6 Gibson
#7 Wagner
#8 Friberg
#9 Rakell
#10 Bobkov
#11 Karlsson
I think this is a little too much "What have you done for me lately?" and a bit too short-term for my taste. This seems more about who is playing well right now, and more significantly, who is doing well in the AHL. Etem is having some growing pains in the AHL, but to drop completely out of the top 11 because he hasn't adjusted to the pro level in 5 games seems really extreme. Then you've got Vatanen at #1, though he's what? 3 years older than Lindholm? But Lindholm is basically already going toe to toe with him many nights. Bobkov moves into the 10th spot, because of a few games? And I'd have to ask what Rakell has done to drop so sharply.

I don't know that I would make any real changes at this point. I might bump up Gibson and Lindholm, since age favors them, and all they've done is impress, but for the most part there isn't anything that has changed.